Speed up the delivery of orders with a printer that lets you print and load media simultaneously. Target new applications with quality results on virtually any rigid and flexible media. Rely on a dependable, robust device that fits your workspace.
Turn orders around fast with an efficient workflow
• Deliver jobs quickly with an efficient workflow that lets you load, print, and collect media simultaneously.
• Load up to 4 sheets of media fast with the help of automated features. No masking is required.
• Reduce interruptions—no daily printhead maintenance; remote monitoring with the HP Embedded Web Server.
• Choose the right speed and quality to meet each customer requirement.
Offer new applications and grow your business
• Wow your clients with incredible image quality—up to 1200 x 600 optimized dpi—and outdoor display permanence.
• Show clients what’s possible. Do more with white ink, double-sided prints, matte/gloss, and full bleeds.
• Print directly on virtually any rigid or flexible material—even on corrugated plastic with good ink adhesion. Outdoor prints achieve display permanence of approximately 2 years unlaminated.
• Say yes to just about any request—even when asked to print on thick, heavy, and long materials.
A perfect fit for your business and shop space
• Print on virtually any rigid or flexible substrate from a single device.
• Optimize your print shop space with folding tables that store easily when the printer is not in use.
• Rely on a robust, reliable design—including sturdy media advance system, onboard camera, and HP Print Care.
• The HP Scitex FB500 Printer makes it easier than ever to use white ink.
Flexible media printing with an optional HP Scitex FB500 Roll-to-Roll Upgrade Kit. Printing performance may vary depending on media.
The printer employs fully automatic printhead testing and maintenance systems.
For light colored media.
With the exception of the optional HP FB251 2-liter White Scitex Ink Cartridge.
This speed reflects Express print mode, the highest print speed for outdoor signage to be viewed from very long distances.
4-color plus white when printer contains white ink. White ink can be added or removed easily through an automated process. To use white ink functionality, the optional HP FB500 White Ink Upgrade Kit is required.
Image permanence estimate by HP Image Permanence Lab. Display permanence tested August 2010 according to SAE J2527 using HP FB250 and FB251 Scitex Inks on a range of rigid media with up to 4 years display permanence achieved using color inks on HP Permanent Gloss Adhesive Vinyl; in a vertical display orientation in simulated nominal outdoor display conditions for select high and low climates, including exposure to direct sunlight and water; performance varies based on the color/white ink overlay combination; in addition performance may vary as environmental conditions change. For the other commercially-available media tested: actual results may vary, this information is provided for reference purposes only. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/supplies/printpermanence.
Use of white ink requires a separate purchase of the HP Scitex FB500 White Ink Upgrade Kit.
HP Scitex FB500 Extension Tables are required for long materials.
The onboard camera detects misfiring nozzles. The printer then uses algorithms to compensate by substituting in working ones, in order to maintain quality without reducing speed. Not all misfiring nozzles can be compensated.